Many mouth, gum, and jaw disorders are not of a dental (teeth) origin. These disorders may be quite painful, or cause significant discomfort. Since these are relatively uncommon problems, they are often misdiagnosed and mistreated. Our office is dedicated to helping both patients and clinicians cut through the confusing and misleading claims about these problems. For over 25 years including lengthy multi-specialty training, teaching in universities, and private practice, Dr. Su has dedicated her professional life for caring for those afflicted with pain, dysfunction in the mouth or around the jaw structures.
This is a highly specialized practice, serving patients like you. Dr. Su is the only doctor in California who has the training in all three fields of Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine and Orofacial Pain. You as a patient deserve the best with our services tailored specifically for you.
Your first appointment is a comprehensive review of your medical-dental history and examination related to your particular problem. It runs approximately one hour or longer if needed. It includes the following:
- Reviewing a completed comprehensive questionnaire filled by each patient regarding all potential symptoms and causes
- A thorough interview, to insure that we understand all of the patient's concerns
- A comprehensive examination of the head, neck, and oral regions
- A formal consultation with the patient and family regarding the findings, the diagnosis, the causes, and an appropriate treatment plan
- Order more images studies including CT scan or MRI if indicated.
Payment is due at the time of service unless special arrangements have been made in advance. Exact fees vary depending on the complexity of each condition and procedures involved.
Insurances: We are not members of any preferred provider networks. However, as a courtesy to you, we will bill the insurance companies (excluding HMOs, Medi-Cal, Medicare, and Kaiser) on your behalf and request that they reimburse you directly if applicable.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Lan Su, DMD, PhD & Staff